Why use geo-targeting for your campaigns?
What is geo-targeting?
Geographic targeting or local advertising allows you to better target your audience by segmenting a geographical area. It helps get your message out to your local consumers. This improves your ROI whatever your objective (increase your notoriety, increase your sales or communicate on an event).
What are the main types of location targeting?
- By country : if you have a presence throughout the territory of a country. You can carry out one or more campaigns targeting a country. It is usually used by large companies with a presence in different countries where the way of communicating differs. The advantage is to be able to adapt the campaigns according to the particularities of the country.
- By department : this targeting is interesting for companies wishing to communicate on an offer or a service specific to a store in a given region. It promotes a message to residents located around the point of sale.
- By postal code : This further limits the audience. It is very useful for companies wishing to increase traffic to their physical store. Indeed, it allows you to target only a catchment area in order to increase the chances of conversions.
Why do local targeting?
- Reach a qualified audience: by targeting local, you reach a nearby audience that is potentially new and interested in your offer or service. The audience is therefore more qualified because you act at the level of your point of sale.
- Build loyalty: communication and local targeting make it possible to reach your current customers and build loyalty. By highlighting events or promotional offers, satisfied customers will naturally come back to your physical store.
- Increase in-store traffic: by reaching a close and restricted geographical area, you make yourself known to people who are more likely to visit your store than those living outside your catchment area.
- Make personalized offers: local targeting allows you to communicate about new products or promotions and to personalize them according to your activity and audience.
- Develop proximity: local campaigns develop a feeling of proximity with their customers. This humanizes the relationship between Internet users and point-of-sale professionals with whom they can exchange on site. Proximity also builds customer loyalty.